May

May was a very busy month for our little family... a few birthdays to celebrate, the kitchen saga continues, and a little family reunion over Memorial Day. When I go to load pictures on the blog I always wish that I had taken more pictures to remember all of these fun events. Something I will have to work on I guess.
Jack and Thatcher are getting to be pretty good buds. It is so fun to watch them play together. We went for a walk around our neighborhood and Jack pooped out on us and insisted to be carried. I couldn't carry him and push the stroller so I slid Thatcher over a bit and stuck Jack in with him. I don't know who was more excited about the rest of the walk.



Thatcher went to Primary with Daddy on Mother's day so I could teach Relief Society and he was able to make a little gift for me with the big kids. It is pretty cute and now hangs on the wall by my desk at work. (Well- minus the chocolate).

We celebrated Mother's day with a little dinner at my Grandparent's. We love having them back from their mission! We stamped Thatcher and Carter's feet on the side of a pot for Grammy and the Great Grandmas. It turned out pretty cute!

Since Aaron, our brother in law Mike, and I all have May birthdays we thought it would be fun to celebrate them all together before Mike and Lara moved away. They hadn't been the the aquarium yet so we all headed to the aquarium and then out to dinner at Red Robin. The little boys were pretty excited about the fish. Thatcher was getting more brave and tried touching a few of the fish this time.

There were a few other birthday celebrations going on at Red Robin that night so the little boys were pretty excited to hear all the birthday songs. We are going to miss having our cousin so close!
Thatcher and I celebrated my birthday (it was in the middle of the week so Aaron had to work). He stole my balloons that my co workers got for me, and we went out for a little ice cream. He liked being able to eat a few bites by himself.

We were able to get together with some of the other "new" babies at work. Over the past year-ish we have added quite a few little people to the office. One of them moved away to Oregon so we decided to have a little picnic to get all the kiddos together before they left. It was a bit interesting trying to wrangle all of them for a picture- so this is as good as it gets.



I had to include these pictures- we did a little shopping over the Memorial Day holiday. At one of the local strip malls they had a little petting zoo of sorts on the sidewalk in front of the pet store. We had no idea and we were just walking along the side walk then I looked down and noticed the GIANT SNAKE laying in the sun! I just about fell off the sidewalk! Not something I was expecting. They also had some bunnies, turtles, smaller snakes and lizards.

For Memorial Day all of my Beal uncles and their families were able to visit. We hadn't all been together in a number of years and a few family members hadn't met Thatcher yet. It was a fun filled weekend for all of us!


Thatcher checking out the flowers at Great- Grandmas

Thatcher and Carter playing in the grass- Carter wasn't so sure about being on the grass


Playing on the slide at Merrill Park




Thatcher thought he could be a big kid and play with the older cousins. They were careful not to trample him and he had a blast chasing after them.

Thatcher loves wind chimes- the entire weekend he would stand under it and see who he could get to lift him up.

Helping "weed" at Great Grandmas

Thatcher loves to play the piano at Great Grandma and Grandpa's. He is tall enough now that he can even open the lid if the piano bench is pushed in all the way. He frequently would sneak off and we would hear him pounding away.







 
 Thatcher loves to look out the windows. Most of the windows at our house are low enough he can see out. His window faces the street in front of our house. He will wave to the neighbors across the street and watch their little dog and cats run around.

I love that Thatcher is getting bigger and likes to play and be silly. There is nothing better than hearing him laugh! I do miss my tiny baby but it is so fun to watch him learn and grow!
Ah- the kitchen saga... We were able to finally get new countertops installed. However there were a few bumps in the road... Mostly this GIANT DENT in my brand new sink. Because of the way the sink is installed it requires the whole section of countertop to be re-made with a new sink. So they temporarilly allowed us to have the damaged section while they took another two weeks to make the new one. So two weeks comes, install date is set. Then the call the night before to let us know that the second sink was also dented! I just about lost it. Good thing their office is in Oregon or I may have driven over and had a tantrum in their lobby. Another two weeks and they finally got it in! Whew!
We just have a little more to do- like a backsplash- and some more painting then it will be mostly done! We are saving up our pennies again to get new floors. I didn't realize how awful the floors were until we had sparkly new counters and painted cupboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment