Utah Weekend

Well, I just realized that I didn't post any pictures from our quick weekend away to UTAH! It was last weekend so at least I am close right?

We decided a while ago that we wanted to take a quick trip to Utah to hang out with one of my Uncles and his cute little family. We also wanted to go to IKEA! (I had never been and I just couldn't stand not going!) So we set the ball in motion and made our travel plans. Aaron was able to get some time off work and we had a rather enjoyable little trip!

Friday- Driving...driving...driving... I have sympathy for all you people who make that drive more frequently than we do... ugh! Once we arrived in Utah we had dinner plans with some friends and did a little shopping at some stores that are no longer in Idaho. (We were so busy enjoying their company we forgot to take a picture! Oops! That kinda happened a lot this trip)

Somewhere on the road... I wish I could tell you where this was but most of the 600 mile drive looks like this

 Ah- half way there! We made it across the state line!
Our view from the Ikea cafe while eating lunch- I love seeing these GIANT mountains!


My new favorite store! My husband keeps saying he is lucky we don't have one closer to us...
We can't go to Salt Lake without wandering around Temple Square. It was a chilly and overcast day but the temple was BEAUTIFUL! We watched at least four different brides and wedding parties doing pictures while we were there.

 We also went with the cousins to the Art History Museum, another of my favorite places to visit, and Aaron hadn't been before. We had a great time looking at all the exhibits. These two cousins were trying out a bunk that was like one on the ships immigrants took from England to the U.S. They look pretty cozy huh?
 More majestic mountains as we left Salt Lake
 Aaron's Grandparents are in the Tremonton cemetery so we decided we needed a leg stretch break and took some pretty spring flowers up to them. It is a peaceful hillside cemetery.
 So part of our trip was specifically designed to go to Ikea to purchase something to remedy this picture- we have a funky "bump-out" in our living room about 18 in deep and 6 feet wide. We currently had these to mis-matched bookcases to hold books, pictures, and some toys... I wasn't loving the situation... so....
Cleo supervising the building of shelves from inside a box. We have to check boxes before we take them out to the trash because she loves to hide in them! Silly kitty!


Tah-dah! The finished cube bookcases... plenty of space for toys and books and display type things. We are working to find something to place in the small space between them, I just haven't decided what I want there yet.

So, that was our quick weekend away. We had a great time playing with the cousins, shopping, and visiting Temple Square. Thanks to my Uncle and Aunt for sharing their weekend with us! Hopefully we can hit the road a little more often this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment